Monday, December 1, 2008

getting in the mood


I woke up to a white city this morning. There's nothing like the first Chicago snowfall. All is white. There is an erie quiet. For a short time everything looks clean, as it should be, and perfectly in its place. I can't wait to head down to Hyde Park this morning. It's going to be so beautiful I know it. Here is the view from my balcony. 


This weather gets me in the mood for the holidays. I'm happy that 

Finals are almost here, hence break is almost here

My mom comes in less than a week

I didn't get sick even though I had a sore throat 

I have Hank to keep me company

I found a great new clam chowder recipe. 


4 comments:

Nicole said...

Beautiful!
Hank! I like it!

Jill Batdorf said...

hank to keep you company?
and what about lainey ... you know, that other cat of yours?

Laura said...

Oh Lainey will always be my favorite. And every time I touch Hank I look to see where Lainey is and if she's watching. But Hank is such a cuddler!

Kate said...

haha Laura has such a guilt complex

Welcome!

Welcome!