Saturday, November 29, 2008

new kitty

We've had a surprising new shift in our family. When we arrived in Sycamore before Thanksgiving on Wednesday night Aaron's parents informed us that a kitty had made a home on their porch, not willing to leave because he was being threatened by a big black cat from across the street. Minna wanted to bring him in out of the cold but Jim wasn't having it. No kitties in the house! This little gray guy kept meowing and looking pitiful though the door, wanting to get in, and it melted Aaron's heart. So we brought him home with us.



At first I wasn't a huge fan. But after his first vet visit to receive his shots, we learned he was only 6-8 months old. He just a young guy, only 5.8lbs, and now I see all his craziness through a kitten lens and realize what a wonderful boy he is. So happy with people, playful, and I hope glad to be in the warm with food and family. Lainey is adjusting well too. She's a little standoff-ish but already warming up to him. Now all we need is a name. At first we liked Lou, but though the two 'L' names might be confusing/cheesy. We've been going back and forth between Hank and Bill. What do you think?

update: Hank will be new Kitty's name. I know Lou was the popular choice, but Hank just seemed to fit, and Aaron had the executive decision on this one. 

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Congrats on your new family member!
I am very partial to Lou, but probably because our cat's name is "Lu" (shortened from Libby Lu)...
I do like Hank-but would you ever call him Hanky? I'm not sure I like Hanky. Names are very tricky, but important. Maybe when he starts getting into some kitten mischief, see which one sounds better & feels more natural to yell?

Kate said...

Lou

Jill Batdorf said...

I have to say I like Lou as well.

But Hank would be my second choice.

Welcome!

Welcome!