Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Forest for the Trees" Myoung Yo Lee






I came across this photo series by Myoung Yo Lee entitled "Forest for the Trees" and am loving it. I am intrigued by the integration of nature and man; the tree is perfectly in its own environment growing naturally, and yet the inclusion of a backdrop removes it from its space and changes the way the viewer perceives the object. Such a fan. See the complete series with an interview with the artist here

I'm enjoying my day of work (always more to do for this thesis and finals are approaching), but am looking forward for all the prep leading up to Birthgiving, our friends' annual Thanksgiving/Birthday celebration. It's always hosted at 1408, which means I've shifted from host to guest. More on this later. 

I expect some snow today. yay!

No comments:

Welcome!

Welcome!