Saturday, March 14, 2009

if I could see anything...

You know that question, "If you could go anywhere at any time in history, where would you go?" Well I think the usual answer is to insert yourself at some historical moment that shaped the world from that point on, like the Last Supper, the "I have a Dream" speech, or the Kennedy inauguration. These are good answers. I wouldn't mind seeing these things. But I think the place I would most want to go is the Stax-Volt concert in Oslo, 1967. You get Booker T and the M.G.'s, Sam and Dave, Otis Redding and more. Otis died not long after this show, and he is definitely a favorite of mine. Oh to have been at that show. Luckily, someone thought to film! Enjoy...

Sam and Dave, with "Hold On"



And Otis Redding with "Satisfaction" and "Try a Little Tenderness." Its a little long but totally worth the encore. 

No comments:

Welcome!

Welcome!