I'm a week late on this post, but I've been thinking about it for a while now. I keep thinking, 'oh I need to include that in my post,' and as soon as I take note, Levi is off doing something new again. He has progressed leaps and bounds this past month. Everything has changed so so fast. He started the month hardly rolling, just starting solids, still needing a bit of supervision while sitting, and basically staying in one place when I put him down. He's ended the month with a hearty appetite for so many foods (sticking with all fruits and veggies at this point), sitting up for as long as he wants, dashing around in his walker, holding himself up standing, rolling around all over, and just beginning that pre-crawl scooch. We've gone from sleep regression to sleeping through the night (!) back to sleep regression (sigh). He's become such a mama's companion, loving to be held and carried by me. Naps in bed with me always result in his longest, most restful sleeps. He seems so much older than before. So much more in control. So curious and always the explorer. He loves interacting with books and joking around with us. He loves to splash and roll in the tub. Not only do I love him more than ever, I really like this kid.
The Deets at Six Months
- 17lbs 12oz, 28in tall. He is average weight but in the 94th percentile for height. Skinny mini.
- Eating purred apple, pear, plum, peaches, prune, squash, sweet potato, zucchini, and peas. Eating cut up banana and avocado. He loves them all and prefers to hold the spoon (or drink from the bowl) himself.
- 'Drinking' water from a cup
- Starting to get a tad clingy (which I secretly love)
- Wearing 9 month clothes
- Growing out of his infant car seat. After a lot of research, we just purchased the Britax Marathon G4 Convertible care seat.
- Splashing in the tub
- Walking in the walker
- Books with movement or pop-up books
- Music and dancing
- Ikea Leka Circus play mat
- Cooking food for Levi and using the Beaba Freezer Trays (a gift)
- Vital Baby Spoons
- Ikea Antilop Highchair with Tray - so simple and easy to clean (the price is right too)
- Pampered Chef prep bowls. We use these every night. I pop in a frozen portion of food, microwave it, and it's ready to go. I like that they're glass and in a shape he can drink from. Also a gift.
Getting a handle on this working mom balance will forever be a struggle I think, but I so cherish the time I get to see Levi in the day, even if it means late nights. I'm looking forward to getting out more with Aaron this coming month, and seeing Levi crawl. Somehow I continue to love him more and more, and cannot wait for this next stage.