Levi learned to hold his head up just a couple weeks after birth. He just can't help looking around a room, constantly taking everything in. Recently he's been waking up for the day at about 7, chatting up a storm, just talking to himself. From the moment he's up he's kicking a leg or waving his arms - eyes always wide open. When he wakes from a nap we'll walk in and he greets us with wide eyes and a smile. One of my favorite things he does is, when we unwrap his swaddle, shoots both arms up in a big stretch. He's also very talkative with us these days. As he gets a little sleepy we'll hold him and he'll stare at us cooing, very intently telling us something (if only I knew what!).
His alertness and curiosity I think has made him ahead in some areas- he has smiled, laughed, held his head up, grabbed toys, and tracked moving objects so early. But it also makes for a very stubborn boy. He is tired or hungry without and instant's warning - and he'll let you know it! He needs a tight swaddle to keep his ever moving arms at bay. He does not like to sleep and it usually takes some effort to get him to nap- and he is up every few hours at night. It also means less cuddles for mom - he'd rather be moving!
It is so fun to watch him learn and grow. I can already tell he will be the boy who is always running, always asking questions, always getting into new things, always putting up a fight for what he wants - for better or worse.
Some of Levi's favorites include:
- Morning and evening walks around the pond- His dad takes him for a walk in the carrier bright and early, and we often go as a family in the evenings. He loves to be outside and if he gets a little fussy, a step outside will always distract him.
- Bath time- he loves the warm water and looking at himself in the mirror.
- Tummy time- from his first few days at home he's loved laying on his belly, lifting his head to check things out. Now he loves to be propped up on his baby boppy to look at his favorite toys including the Sassy Crib and Floor Mirror, and the Wimmer-Ferguson Playmat.
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See? - You can usually get a smile out of him from this book. It has a great rhythm to it.
- Eating- He's really into his meals, eating frequently and taking his time- sometimes up to 90 minutes! After a lot of assessment into why this is, I think he really just likes to enjoy his food and lay with mom. This is about as much cuddle time as I get so no complaints here.
- His index fingers - this has become his way to self sooth, and it is so sweet to see that little finger make it's way in as he is thinking through something or getting tired.
We love him more and more each day, and I truly treasure every moment with him.