Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm back!

Wow! We had to take our computer in the the Apple and they had to replace our hard drive. We lost almost all our music, but I'm glad they saved most everything else. It's disconcerting considering we purchased our computer less than a year ago, but oh well. It was under warranty. 

Anyways, its spring, and there is much to be happy about. Graduation is coming up, Europe is just around the corner, and Boston plans are set. I will really miss Chicago and our friends here though. 

Planning for the apartment has been really fun. I've been loving mid-century design lately, and now that I have a palate to place these ideas, things are coming together in my mind. We even already bought a Danish mid-century dining table from craigslist. Yes, we have a dining room! We love to cook and host, so we were hoping for a dining room. 

Well this is sort of rambling. Here are a few images that have been providing recent home inspiration. 

I love the layering here. We have so many books I'm thinking of getting another of the same large ikea bookcase that we have and replicating this in the living room. 

I love this room too.

We don't have dining chairs. Maybe paint random ones? 

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the idea of different chairs, kind of like Monica's apartment in Friends. Hopefully, Jeff and I can be guests for a yummy meal in your new dining room. We want to visit!

Welcome!

Welcome!