Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Birthday

My birthday turned out better than expected considering I'm far from home. First pockets sent me a card (Aaron's childhood villain embodied in a sock monkey and drawings by Jim). He loves to say "SHUT UP!"




Then yesterday I received a gift card in the mail and with that and money from graduation I did some awesome guilt free shopping. Then Aaron met me after work and took me to Anthropologie to get jewelry (yum)! We then had an epicurean adventure with "The Shuckers Sampler" (raw oysters, clams, muscles, and spicy shrimp) at a restaurant we came across near there:







Then today I came home from Georgetown with flowers from my sister waiting in the hall:


What a lucky girl I am!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday!! It sounds like you had a good one!

Heather said...

Sounds like you had a good day. We miss you!

Kate said...

Happy birthday, Laurie :) Wish I could have been with you to celebrate.

Elise said...

That card is awesome. lol. But the dinner looks even better! Very nice... :)

jmoyer2980 said...

Happy Birthday G-Funk!!!! I'll toast a shot to ya.

Laura said...

G-Funk! love it

Welcome!

Welcome!