Monday, April 27, 2009

what a weekend


My trip to boston was filled with highs and lows, and now that I'm back I'm having a hard time summing up the trip. Perhaps a list of these highs and lows will help. 

1) I got in late Thursday night and went straight to the adorable inn Aaron was staying in. What a great place. The Mary Prentiss Inn served free made to order breakfast, was really convenient, and offered a really cozy and historic atmosphere. We got to meet quite a few nice people there too. The Mary Prentiss Inn give this trip a plus (+).

2) The next day I met a very nice agent who picked me up at my hotel showed me around Cambridge and Somerville. Nice agents who give rides: a definite (+).

3) The last apartment I saw on Friday I fell completely in love with, and after seeing more apartment with Aaron on Friday he agreed this was the best place too. What a great high that was to find an awesome apartment. (+). 

4) Friday night pizza and beer in amazing Davis square surrounded by baseball fans watching the Red Sox face the Yankees. (+).

5) 80 degree weather eve though I flew North. (+).

6) The amazing Italian district of North Boston with its windy streets, great bakeries and delis open late, and hopping night life (and sardinian cheese!). This was a completely great atmosphere. (+)

7) The incredibly horrible food and service at a recommended Italian restaurant in the district. (-).

8) Waking at 6 to catch a flight to leave Aaron for awhile week (-).

9) Sitting for an hour in a  hot plane not being able to move on a Philadelphia run way do to a few small storms in Chicago. (-).

10) Finally getting in Chicago and the blue line running on a single track delaying my return home even more. (-).

11) Finally reaching home and getting a call from aaron that the apartment we loved had in fact already been rented. it had listed through two brokers and ours didn't know it was be rented. After that day of travel finding out that I didn't even accomplish what I had set out to do was such a low (-).

Taking a look at the plusses and minuses, I see that the lows were situational and that many of the highs had to do with loving the city. But now I'm back to square one. Aaron works with nice people though and I think he'll like his job. So that is a really important plus.  Over all it was a great weekend, with  a rough ending. 

2 comments:

Nicole said...

So sorry about the rough things. Total bummer about the apartment. There is something fabulous that is meant for you two.

Heather said...

It does seem like the +'s outweigh the -'s. Sounds like there are lots of good people in Boston. What a disappointment about the apartment...will Aaron keep looking while he is there?

Welcome!

Welcome!